The Raspberry Pi line of mini computer systems — together with the all-new Pi Zero W — are great units for what they’re. Fairly frankly, they’ve impressed many younger individuals to find out about programming, whereas serving to makers to create some actually cool tasks. With that mentioned, the Pi computer systems will not be the one System on a Chip options available on the market. Really, there are extra highly effective ARM-based choices obtainable. The issue? They’re usually radically dearer than Raspberry Pi.
Nevertheless, there’s a new Raspberry Pi competitor that’s fairly reasonably priced. The truth is, some people could view it as a Pi-killer. The $30 FriendlyElec NanoPi M1 Plus has an arguably superior design and format, plus necessary built-in options like Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. It even has an IR receiver, onboard microphone, 8GB storage, and each energy and reset buttons. Better of all? It is able to run Debian, Ubuntu Core, and Ubuntu Mate from the beginning.
“The NanoPi M1 Plus is designed and developed by FriendlyElec for professionals, enterprise customers, makers and hobbyists. It’s only two thirds the scale of a Raspberry Pi. FriendlyElec has made a Debian, Ubuntu-MATE, Ubuntu-Core and Android pictures prepared for it,” says FriendlyElec.
The corporate additional says, “The NanoPi M1 Plus makes use of the Allwinner H3 Soc. It integrates Gbps Ethernet, IR receiver, video/audio output, WiFi & Bluetooth, onboard microphone and helps DVP/Digital camera/HDMI and CVBS. It has a serial debug port. Its GPIO pins are appropriate with these of a Raspberry Pi.”
FriendlyElec shares the next specs.
- CPU: Allwinner H3, Quad-core Cortex-A7@1.2GHz
- GPU: Mali400MP2@600MHz，Helps OpenGL ES2.zero
- DDR3 RAM: 1GB
- eMMC: 8GB
- Wi-fi: 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth: four.zero twin mode
- Antenna Interface: Shared by WiFi and Bluetooth, IPX interface
- Connectivity: 10/100/1000M Ethernet
- Audio: three.5mm jack/Through HDMI
- Microphone: onboard microphone
- IR: onboard IR receiver
- USB Host: USB 2.zero x three, 2 x USB Kind A and 1 x 2.54mm pitch pin-header
- MicroSD Slot: x1
- MicroUSB: energy enter and knowledge transmission, OTG
- Audio Output: HDMI 1.four 1080P, CVBS
- DVP Digital camera Interface: 24pin, zero.5mm pitch FPC seat
- Serial Debug Port: 4Pin, 2.54mm pitch pin-header
- GPIO： 40pin, 2.54mm pitch pin-header, appropriate with Raspberry Pi 2’s GPIO. It comprises UART, SPI, I2C, I2S/PCM, SPDIF-OUT and IO
- Person Button: 1 x Energy Button and 1 x Reset Button
- LED: 1 x Energy LED and 1 x System Standing LED
- PCB Dimension: 64 x 60 mm, ENIG
- Energy Provide: DC 5V/2A
- OS/Software program: u-boot, Debian, Ubuntu-MATE, Ubuntu-Core
Wish to purchase one for your self? You will get it right here. You should not delay, nonetheless, as FriendlyElec says the $30 value is restricted, and it’ll ultimately price extra.
Do you suppose it is a Raspberry Pi three killer? Please inform me within the feedback.