For the reason that launch of the Radeon RX Vega 64 in mid-August, AMD has been releasing new drivers each different week, typically extra typically, and this week isn’t any exception. Yesterday, AMD launched Radeon Software program Crimson ReLive Version 17.11.1, bringing official help for Name of Obligation: WWII (Steam), releasing in the present day. As well as, 17.11.1 brings AMD XConnect help for RX Vega 56 for choose eGPU enclosures, in addition to fairly a variety of bug fixes.
For Name of Obligation: WWII, AMD is citing a 5% efficiency enhance on RX Vega 64 playing cards when in comparison with 17.10.three, seeing 1440p efficiency of virtually 130fps. In context, the sport’s really useful AMD graphics playing cards are the Radeon R9 390 and RX 580. Simply to recap, 17.10.three was a hotfix driver launched two days after 17.10.2, resolving crashes or hangs on RX Vega playing cards in Wolfenstein II and singleplayer mission six of Future 2, amusingly on the identical day NVIDIA launched their very own Wolfenstein II hotfix.
For bug fixes, AMD has resolved the next points, two of which pertain to particular video games:
- Ghost Recon Wildlands could expertise minor corruption with Anisotropic Filtering enabled.
- Center-earth: Shadow of Warfare could expertise ghosting or gameplay distortion on multi-GPU enabled configurations.
- Radeon Software program could intermittently trigger sure DX11 or OpenGL purposes to crash on their first run.
- When activity switching, some gaming or productiveness purposes could randomly hold or crash.
- Radeon WattMan “Reset” choice (restores manufacturing facility default values) could not reset graphics or reminiscence clocks.
- Oculus Sprint could expertise a random software hold.
- Bezel compensation in combined mode Eyefinity can’t be utilized.
- Radeon Settings could expertise overlapping textual content or corruption within the multi-GPU profiles web page.
- AMD XConnect Know-how merchandise might not be detected/enabled on reconnection if beforehand disconnected throughout system sleep.
- A restricted variety of system gadgets similar to printers could also be eliminated throughout Radeon Software program uninstallation.
The GPU Workload toggle, launched in 17.10.2, nonetheless has compatibility points with toggling Compute with CrossFire enabled, and random system hangs throughout prolonged use of 12 GPUs on compute workloads.
So far as video games go, AMD has recognized new points with Rainbow Six Siege hanging when breaching partitions with grenades or explosives, and Rise of the Tomb Raider hanging intermittently throughout gameplay. Moreover, the intermittent or random hanging in Overwatch remains to be listed as a identified challenge; disabling ReLive could resolve the hanging.
The up to date drivers for AMD’s desktop, cell, and built-in GPUs can be found via the Radeon Settings tab or on-line on the AMD driver obtain web page. Extra info on this replace and additional points could be discovered within the Radeon Software program Crimson ReLive Version 17.11.1 launch notes.