This week, AMD launched Radeon Software program Adrenalin Version 18.2.2, a smaller patch bringing help for the just-launched Kingdom Come: Deliverance, in addition to efficiency optimizations for Fortnite and PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG). Purely game-focused, 18.2.2 paperwork no new bugfixes or points. And alongside Monday’s launch of AMD Ryzen 5 2400G and Ryzen three 2200G, AMD has put out the inaugural Home windows 10 WHQL drivers particular to these two new APUs.
Launched simply yesterday, Kingdom Come: Deliverance is a CryEngine-powered first-person single participant historic RPG, thematically paying homage to Mount and Blade and The Witcher. The builders, Warhorse Studios, have acknowledged their need to concentrate on realism, story, open-world freedom, and hardcore fight mechanics, the latter of which isn’t too shocking contemplating the Operation Flashpoint and ARMA pedigree of Warhorse Studio’s crew members.
For Kingdom Come: Deliverance, AMD cites their 18.2.2 testing to indicate as much as three% quicker 1440p efficiency for the Radeon RX Vega 56 and as much as four% quicker 1080p efficiency for the Radeon RX 580 in comparison with Radeon Software program Adrenalin Version 18.2.1. Because it so occurs, Warhorse Studios marks down the Radeon RX 580 because the really useful AMD GPU requirement, with the Radeon HD 7870 because the minimal.
As for Fortnite and PUBG, AMD compares Radeon Software program Adrenalin Version 17.12.1 efficiency to 18.2.2, claiming 1440p enhancements for the Radeon RX Vega 56 as much as three% quicker for Fortnite and as much as 5% quicker for PUBG. In the meantime, for the Radeon RX 580 at 1080p, AMD cites as much as 6% quicker efficiency in Fortnite and as much as 7% quicker efficiency in PUBG.
Wrapping issues up on the 18.2.2 facet, there was no documented bugfixes and the record of open points stay an identical to 18.2.1:
- FreeSync intermittently engages throughout Chrome video playback incorrectly, leading to playback flicker.
- Radeon Overlay hotkey fails to deliver up the overlay or causes a Radeon Host Software crash intermittently on a restricted variety of gaming titles.
- FreeSync might quickly change between min and max vary when enabled inflicting stutter in fullscreen video games on multi show system configurations.
- When Enhanced Sync is enabled on some FreeSync related shows, flickering happens with the efficiency metrics overlay.
- Water textures seem like lacking in World of Closing Fantasy.
- A random system hold could also be skilled after prolonged intervals of use on system configurations utilizing 12 GPU's for compute workloads.
- The GPU Workload characteristic might trigger a system hold when switching to Compute whereas CrossFire is enabled. A workaround is to disable CrossFire earlier than switching the toggle to Compute workloads.
Radeon Software program for New Ryzen Desktop APUs
Launched as “Radeon Software program for Ryzen Desktop Processors with Radeon Vega Graphics,” the inaugural public graphics drivers are WHQL licensed and are documented as model 17.40.3701 (Home windows Driver Retailer Model 23.20.827.zero). The replace applies solely to the Ryzen 5 2400G and Ryzen three 2200G, and notes the next:
- RAID drivers aren’t included in show driver packages. Customers wishing to make use of RAID ought to navigate to the amd.com APU chipset driver web page to seek out and set up RAID drivers.
- AMD has famous a possible system crash whereas working sure OpenCL purposes like Linpack-DGEMM & Indigo benchmark. AMD is at the moment testing an answer to this concern and an up to date driver can be launched very shortly. Please go to amd.com for updates.
- 3DMark Firestrike might expertise an utility hold throughout GT2 take a look at.
Moreover, AMD has put up a help web page for points with system boot-up failure on configurations with some 2nd era Ryzen desktop processors (CPUs & APUs) and AM4 motherboards. Unsurprisingly, AMD notes that the possible trigger on this state of affairs is a motherboard that has not been up to date to the newest BIOS with APU help, however provides a boot package resolution beneath guarantee if this isn’t the foundation trigger.
The up to date drivers for AMD’s desktop, cell, and built-in GPUs can be found by means of the Radeon Settings tab or on-line on the AMD driver obtain web page. Extra info on these updates and additional points will be discovered within the respective Radeon Software program Adrenalin Version 18.2.2 launch notes and Radeon Software program for Ryzen Desktop Processors with Radeon Vega Graphics launch notes.