Picture: Ste Smith/Cult of Mac
This week on
The CultCast: Apple’s secret Siri speaker is simply
across the nook — we’ll let you know every part (we expect) we
learn about it. Plus: Why AirPods are the very best product Apple’s
made in years; and why Microsoft’s MacBook clone is definitely
nice for Apple followers.
deconstruct and decode Tim Prepare dinner’s mysterious and shortly
deleted unintended tweet, and also you’ll be shocked on the reality!
Our because of Squarespace for supporting this episode. It’s
easy to simply accept Apple Pay and promote your wares together with your very
web site. Enter supply code CultCast at checkout to get 10
p.c off any internet hosting plan.
#282 – The Siri good speaker is incoming
Subscribe on iTunes
Twitters, in case you please
@bst3r / @erfon / @lkahney
Be a part of us on
Reddit to debate episodes and vote on story subjects for future
This week’s hyperlinks
Apple’s new Siri speaker might be revealed at WWDC
- Earlier this week, we heard the corporate is presently within the
technique of finalizing the design of its first standalone Siri
system, which is predicted to tackle the Amazon Echo. Now we
have an concept what it would seem like and when it might be
- Apple’s Siri-based good speaker and residential hub has an “over
50 p.c probability” of being introduced at WWDC, in accordance with our
homeboy Ming Chi Kuo.
- Kuo mentioned Apple’s good house product will possible launch in
the second half of 2017 and price greater than the $179 Amazon
Echo. The system will supposedly assist AirPlay with
“wonderful acoustics efficiency” from one woofer and 7
tweeters. Kuo mentioned its efficiency shall be much like the
Apple locations orders for its Amazon Echo rival
- Digitimes is reporting that Inventec, the Taiwan
firm that makes Apple’s in style AirPods, acquired Apple’s
order for the the Siri good speaker.
Siri may quickly acknowledge your voice for added safety
- Apple is busy engaged on modern tech like the flexibility
for Siri to acknowledge particular person customers’ voices, in accordance with a
not too long ago printed Apple patent utility.
AirPods get highest-ever satisfaction rating for a first-year
- AirPods are probably the most beloved product Apple has launched in
years, based mostly on a brand new survey that discovered an astonishing
proportion of AirPods homeowners are extraordinarily happy.
- In a newly printed research performed by Artistic Methods
and Experian, a complete of 98 p.c of AirPods homeowners mentioned they
are both “very happy” or “happy” with Apple’s new
wi-fi buds. Over 80 p.c of consumers mentioned they’re very
Microsoft’s reply to the MacBook suffers one large flaw
- Microsoft’s new Floor Laptop computer, with its glossy design and a
super-sharp show, may seem like a worthy competitor to the
- Beginning at $999, the Floor Laptop computer ships with an Intel
Core i5 processor, 4GB of RAM, 128GB of storage, and a battery
that lasts as much as 14.5 hours in between costs.
- Home windows 10 S solely runs apps downloaded from the Home windows
Retailer! However you possibly can improve to Home windows Professional for $50.
Twitter flips out over mysterious Tim Prepare dinner tweet
- Apple CEO Tim Prepare dinner set Twitter ablaze with hypothesis
as we speak — and all it took was a easy smiley face emoji.
- Prepare dinner despatched out a tweet with only a smiley face emoji this
morning. No different context was offered, and the tweet received
deleted shortly later, main Apple followers on Twitter to surprise
what probably the most highly effective man in tech was actually making an attempt to say.