favourite devices on The CultCast!
This week on
The CultCast: Astounding info and figures from
Apple’s latest earnings report; Nintendo guarantees a bunch of
new iOS video games; methods to get the very best deal in cloud storage;
inexpensive choices on your first drone; the proper minimalist
strap on your mirrorless digital camera; and we pitch you our favourite
devices in an all-new Fave N Raves!
Our due to Squarespace for supporting this
episode. It’s easy to simply accept Apple Pay and promote your wares with
your very personal Squarespace.com web site. Enter provide
code “CultCast” at checkout to get 10 % off any internet hosting
#269 – Our favourite devices!
Subscribe on iTunes
Twitters, in the event you please
@bst3r / @erfon / @lkahney
Be part of us on
Reddit to debate episodes and vote on story matters for future
This week’s matters
‘I’m a Mac’ star Justin Lengthy turns into new face of Huawei
- Ever heard of Huawei? They’re in China.
- Justin Lengthy, the
face of Apple’s “Get a Mac” marketing campaign for 3 years, is
now starring in adverts for Huawei telephones.
- Huawei is now the third-biggest smartphone maker within the
world, behind solely Apple and Samsung. It shipped 44.9 million
handsets final quarter to seize a 10.2 % of the worldwide
- The corporate is now attempting to interrupt into Western markets,
with a giant deal with the U.S.
- What higher means to try this than with the face of Apple’s
well-known “Get a Mac” marketing campaign?
Nintendo guarantees no less than 2 new cell video games yearly
- Its new Change console is correct across the nook, however
Nintendo gained’t be shedding its deal with Android and iOS. The
Japanese agency as we speak confirmed that it plans to launch two to
three cell video games yearly.
- Tremendous Mario Run attracted a staggering 40 million
downloads in simply 4 days when it landed on iOS. In accordance
to a latest report from The Wall Road Journal, it
has already made Nintendo greater than $50 million.
- Nintendo’s announcement comes a day after it disillusioned
traders by slashing a 3rd off its working revenue forecast
for 2017 — regardless of the upcoming launch of the Change, which
already has assist from greater than 70 recreation makers creating
over 100 titles.
Apple shatters data with blockbuster Q1 2017 earnings
- Shock! Apple offered extra iPhone models than ever earlier than
- With whole revenues of $78.four billion bringing in a revenue
of $17.9 billion, Apple CEO Tim Cook dinner mentioned he’s “thrilled” with
- Apple solely anticipated to promote between 76 million and 78
million iPhones within the quarter, but it surely managed to maneuver 78.three
- Cook dinner advised traders that he nonetheless views the smartphone
market as being within the “early innings.”
- MacBook Professional with Contact Bar was essentially the most pre-ordered MacBook
- The iPad lineup offered 13.1 million models, down 19 %
from the year-ago quarter.
- Apple raked in $7.2 billion in income from companies final
quarter, together with $three billion in App Retailer purchases in
December alone — the largest month ever. Apple Pay customers
tripled prior to now 12 months, with transaction worth growing 500
- Promoting apps, music, films, iCloud storage and AppleCare
has now turn out to be Apple’s second-largest moneymaker. Actually,
Apple expects income from companies to swell to the dimensions of a
Fortune 100 firm by the tip of the 12 months.
iPhone 7 snaps Apple’s shedding streak
- Apple launched the newest technology of its flagship
product in September. Some critics noticed the iPhone 7 sequence as
not sufficient of an improve from the 6s line. Some, particularly
music lovers, initially hated the absence of a headphone jack.
Fave N Rave Picks
- Stealth Sling Strap from Cub and Firm
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Monowear Ceramic watch band
- 3DR Solo Drone
- JETTech Milanese Loop